Whereas the company has agreed with the customer to inspect the Fire Equipment on the terms herein contained:
Section 1 – General Conditions
- To provide a periodic inspection on the Fire Appliances at the customers agreed premises in accordance with the current British Standards, reasonable facilities being provided for the companies service engineers to carry out their duties
- Service frequency to be an approximate period of 12 months or earlier if called to do so. Every effort is made to ensure the Company adheres to regular service intervals, but it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that we are informed of any due service arrangements.
- On each service the fire appliances shall be examined and a report given on their condition. If any are found to be defective, they are to be refilled, made good or replaced. The labour cost of any repairs and components required shall be charged separately. The customer agrees that the method employed in repairing or making good shall, be decided by the company.
- Interim call outs shall be charged additionally at the stated fees and hourly rates. Parts and refills may be charged additionally.
- It is the customer’s sole responsibility to ensure ongoing serviceability of the Fire Appliances by regular checks as per the British Standard stated as at least monthly.
- It is a specific term that no liability for any failure of the Fire Appliances, damage or injury either directly or indirectly will be accepted.
- The customer shall inform the company of any event which could be detrimental to the normal operation of the appliances I.E if used damaged, or lost.
- The Company must be informed of any changes of the “responsible person” or ownership of the Fire Appliances.
- This Contract is transferable.
- At our discretion third party companies may be engaged at any time to fulfill contractual obligations, additional work or call outs.
- The Company reserves the right to amend the service charges at its discretion.
- It is a standard term of service that payment will be made upon completion, or by Direct Debit usually at the end of the month after service.
- Overdue accounts will incur a service charge of £7 per month. Any internal administration time and costs or outside agency fees incurred in recovering overdue amounts associated against this invoice will be added to the invoice total.
- All goods remain the property of the Company until paid for in full.
- The term of this contract shall be for a minimum period of three years and thereafter ongoing until either party terminates the agreement in writing not less than two months before the next due service date.
- In the event that any of the terms and conditions herein shall be invalid this agreement shall be construed as if any such invalid terms and conditions were deleted to the effect that the remaining terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect
Section 2: Short term rental term and conditions
This is a hiring agreement between ‘The Supplier’, Abbot Fire Group Ltd, Abbots Barn, Radclive Road, Gawcott, Buckingham, MK18 4AA. Telephone number 01280 824111 and the person(s) identified as ‘The Hirer’ below, incorporating this schedule and terms and conditions which may be additional or supersede the rental agreement form.
Section 3: Rental charge is made on the following conditions
- Uplift of equipment is made available at a convenient central location, any additional time recovering equipment from site may be charged additionally at £30 per hour.
- Any condemned, damaged or used equipment will be replaced, made good or refilled and charged additional at our list price.
- The condemning, making good or refilling of the equipment is under solely to be decided by the supplier.
- The equipment remains the property of the supplier and must not under any circumstances be tampered, modified, refilled or serviced by any party other than the supplier.
- The supplier will not be libel for any damage or injury in any way resulting from the use or misuse of the equipment.
- The supplier will not be liable for any failure of performance of the equipment.
- It is understood and agreed that potential operators of the equipment have a basic awareness of extinguisher use and safe operation.
- Fire Wardens and extinguisher use training is available at additional cost (ask for details).
- The supplier does not imply any responsibility for conducting a fire risk assessment.
- Equipment supplied by the supplier will be serviced by a competent person and deemed fit for service at the point of delivery only.
- The equipment may not be extended maintained as per BS 5306 Pt3.
- Equipment supplied may have been manufactured to BS 5423, BS EN3 or CE marked.
- The supplier will take no responsibility for specifying the equipment appropriately according to the fire risks.
- The supplier will take no responsibility for specifying the equipment appropriately according to any site dimensions or requirements of the authorities.
- The supplier will take no responsibility for siting the equipment appropriately according to fire risks.
- The supplier will take no responsibility for any damage to third party equipment or property due to the discharge or use of the fire equipment.
- It is the Hirers sole responsibility to ensure the security of the equipment and ensure it is protected from misuse.